Prevention of Whooping Cough
Prevention list: Methods of prevention of Whooping Cough mentioned in various sources includes those listed below. This prevention information is gathered from various sources, and may be inaccurate or incomplete. None of these methods guarantee prevention of Whooping Cough.
- Infant immunization schedule
- Pertussis vaccine
- DTPa vaccinations - combined vaccine for diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis (whooping cough)
- Pertussis vaccine boosters - because protection by the vaccine reduces over about 10 years.
Prevention statistics for Whooping Cough: The following are statistics from various sources about the prevention of Whooping Cough:
- 82% of children aged 19-35 months were vaccinated for Pertussis annually in the US 2002 (National, State, and Urban Area Vaccination Levels Among Children - US, 2002, NCHS, CDC)
Last revision: June 26, 2003
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center