Treatments for Tuberous sclerosis
Treatment list for Tuberous sclerosis: The list of treatments mentioned in various sources for Tuberous sclerosis includes the following list. Always seek professional medical advice about any treatment or change in treatment plans.
- Anticonvulsants - for seizures
- Laser removal techniques - for skin problems
- Medications - for neurological or behavioral problems.
- Surgical tumor removal
Treatments of Tuberous sclerosis discussion:
There is no specific treatment for tuberous sclerosis.
Treatment is symptomatic and may include anticonvulsant therapy for
seizures; dermabrasion and laser removal techniques for the skin
manifestations; drug therapy for neurobehavioral problems; treatment of
high blood pressure caused by the kidney problems; and surgery to remove
1. excerpt from NINDS Tuberous Sclerosis Information Page: NINDS
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center