Symptom: White tongue
White tongue: White spots, patches or coating of the tongue
Detailed cause information for symptom: White tongue:
Medical articles on symptoms: These general medical articles may be of interest:
- Symptoms of the Silent Killer Diseases
- Symptoms and Medical Malpractice
- Medical mistakes and their rates, causes and prevention
- Deaths and sudden death
White tongue type of: Tongue symptoms (40)
Symptoms: symptom center, symptom groups, symptom descriptions
Possible causes of symptom: White tongue: The following medical conditions are some of the possible causes of White tongue as a symptom. There are likely to be other possible causes, so ask your doctor about your symptoms.
- Oral candidiasis
- Leukoplakia - white tongue or mouth lining.
- Keratosis pharyngis - usually white lumps on the tonsils.
- Jaundice - causes a yellow tongue
- Causes of coated tongue include:
- See also causes of mouth white patches or throat white patches
Conditions listing symptoms: White tongue: The following list of conditions have 'White tongue' or similar listed as a symptom in our database. This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete. Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause of any symptom.
Last revised: Nov 21, 2003
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center