Symptom: Vaginal itching
Vaginal itching: Itching inside the vagina
Introduction: True vaginal itching affecting the internal vagina needs to be distinguished from vulval itch, which is the itching of the external vulva or external public region. However, the distinction is sometimes not clear. Vaginal itching is a common symptom that needs prompt professional medical diagnosis.
Detailed cause information for symptom: Vaginal itching:
Medical articles on symptoms: These general medical articles may be of interest:
- Symptoms of the Silent Killer Diseases
- Symptoms and Medical Malpractice
- Medical mistakes and their rates, causes and prevention
- Deaths and sudden death
Symptoms related to Vaginal itching: vulval itch (6), itch (53), vaginal discharge (25), vaginal pain (25), vaginal symptoms (54)
Vaginal itching type of: Genital itching (13), Vaginal symptoms (54)
Symptoms: symptom center, symptom groups, symptom descriptions
Possible causes of symptom: Vaginal itching: The following medical conditions are some of the possible causes of Vaginal itching as a symptom. There are likely to be other possible causes, so ask your doctor about your symptoms.
- Vulval itch - itching outside the vagina rather than internal vaginal itch.
- Vaginal infections
- Vaginitis - see also causes of vaginitis and causes of vaginal discharge
- Bacterial vaginosis
- Yeast infections (type of Fungal infections)
- Vaginal candidiasis
- Human papilloma virus (HPV)
- Chemical allergy
- Soap allergy
- Hygiene product allergy
- Perfume allergy
- Dye allergy
- Douche allergy
- Latex allergy - from a latex condom.
- See also vaginal pain, vaginal discharge, or vaginal discomfort
Conditions listing symptoms: Vaginal itching: The following list of conditions have 'Vaginal itching' or similar listed as a symptom in our database. This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete. Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause of any symptom.
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center