Undereating: Eating too little food.
Introduction: Undereating is a symptom that is usually related to appetite. There are many possible causes of poor appetite including illnesses (e.g. fevers, digestive upsets, vomiting), metabolic disorders, and physical disorders that make it painful to eat; see the causes of poor appetite for more information.
Detailed cause information for symptom: Undereating:
Medical articles on symptoms: These general medical articles may be of interest:
- Symptoms of the Silent Killer Diseases
- Symptoms and Medical Malpractice
- Medical mistakes and their rates, causes and prevention
- Deaths and sudden death
Symptoms related to Undereating: poor appetite (100), appetite changes (116), food symptoms (22), thinness (4), weight loss (120), overeating (10)
Undereating type of: Eating symptoms (138)
Symptoms: symptom center, symptom groups, symptom descriptions
Possible causes of symptom: Undereating: The following medical conditions are some of the possible causes of Undereating as a symptom. There are likely to be other possible causes, so ask your doctor about your symptoms.
- Poor appetite - the main reason for not eating is loss of appetite and its various causes including:
- Metabolic disorders that reduce appetite
- Disorders where it hurts to eat
- Physical disorders where a patient might not each much include:
- Psychological disorders that may cause reduced eating include:
- Excessive dieting
- Certain illicit drugs
- Amphetamines - these drugs reduce appetite.
- See also the many causes of poor appetite
Conditions listing symptoms: Undereating: The following list of conditions have 'Undereating' or similar listed as a symptom in our database. This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete. Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause of any symptom.
Conditions listing complications: Undereating: The following list of conditions have 'Undereating' or similar listed as a complication in our database. The distinction between a symptom and complication is not always clear, and conditions mentioning this symptom as a complication may also be relevant. This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete. Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause of any symptom.
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center