Twitches: Involuntary sudden movements of part of the body
Detailed cause information for symptom: Twitches:
Medical articles on symptoms: These general medical articles may be of interest:
- Symptoms of the Silent Killer Diseases
- Symptoms and Medical Malpractice
- Medical mistakes and their rates, causes and prevention
- Deaths and sudden death
Types of Twitches: Tic (9)
Symptoms related to Twitches: tremor (0), trembling (44), shivering (13), spasms (151), seizures (119), tics (0), tremor (0)
Twitches type of: Muscle twitch (13), Spasms (151), Tic (9)
Symptoms: symptom center, symptom groups, symptom descriptions
Possible causes of symptom: Twitches: The following medical conditions are some of the possible causes of Twitches as a symptom. There are likely to be other possible causes, so ask your doctor about your symptoms.
- Normal occasional body twitches
- Habitual twitches
- Various types of movements that might be imprecisely called twitches include:
- Spasmodic torticollis (type of Torticollis) - neck twitching to one side
- Benign muscular fibrillation - a single twitching muscle such as a twitching thigh
- Motor neurone diseases - causing generalized muscle twitching and other symptoms.
- Kidney failure - in the late stages kidney failure causes general muscle twitching.
- Some possible causes of tics include:
- Certain drugs
Conditions listing symptoms: Twitches: The following list of conditions have 'Twitches' or similar listed as a symptom in our database. This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete. Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause of any symptom.
Conditions listing complications: Twitches: The following list of conditions have 'Twitches' or similar listed as a complication in our database. The distinction between a symptom and complication is not always clear, and conditions mentioning this symptom as a complication may also be relevant. This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete. Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause of any symptom.
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center