Symptom: Tremor symptoms
Tremor symptoms: Shaking or physical tremor.
Introduction: Tremor is the involuntary trembling or shaking of the body. Often it affects the fingers or hands. The most well-known disease causing tremor is Parkinson's disease, but it is definitely not the only possibility. Any tremor-like symptom needs prompt professional medical advice.
Detailed cause information for symptom: Tremor symptoms:
Medical articles on symptoms: These general medical articles may be of interest:
- Symptoms of the Silent Killer Diseases
- Symptoms and Medical Malpractice
- Medical mistakes and their rates, causes and prevention
- Deaths and sudden death
Types of Tremor symptoms: hand tremor (8)
Symptoms related to Tremor symptoms: spasms (151), tic (9), seizure (119), shivering (13), trembling (44)
Symptoms: symptom center, symptom groups, symptom descriptions
Possible causes of symptom: Tremor symptoms: The following medical conditions are some of the possible causes of Tremor symptoms as a symptom. There are likely to be other possible causes, so ask your doctor about your symptoms.
- Everyday causes of minor tremor may include:
- Some causes of chronic tremor include:
- Parkinson's disease
- Essential tremor (type of Tremor)
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Hypoglycemia - usually episodes of tremor with hypoglycemic attacks
- Brain tumor
- Wilson's disease
- Friedrich's ataxia
- Head injury
- Tertiary syphilis (type of Syphilis)
- Seizure disorders
- Some psychological disorders that might cause tremor-like symptoms include:
- Certain medications
- Alcohol withdrawal
- drug withdrawal
- Amphetamine withdrawal
- Hallucinogen withdrawal
- Causes may also depend on the location of the tremor
- See also hand tremor
Medications or substances causing Tremor symptoms: The following drugs, medications, substances or toxins are some of the possible causes of Tremor symptoms as a symptom. This list is incomplete and various other drugs or substances may cause your symptoms. Always advise your doctor of any medications or treatments you are using, including prescription, over-the-counter, supplements, herbal or alternative treatments.
- Illicit drugs
- Amphetamine intoxication - in high doses.
- Certain asthma medications
- Certain epileptic medications
Conditions listing symptoms: Tremor symptoms: The following list of conditions have 'Tremor symptoms' or similar listed as a symptom in our database. This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete. Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause of any symptom.
Last revised: Nov 9, 2003
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center