Symptom: Side pain
Side pain: Pain on the sides
Introduction: Pain in the sides can range from just "the stitch" to a variety of internal organ conditions. Seek prompt medical advice for any side pain symptoms.
Detailed cause information for symptom: Side pain:
Medical articles on symptoms: These general medical articles may be of interest:
- Symptoms of the Silent Killer Diseases
- Symptoms and Medical Malpractice
- Medical mistakes and their rates, causes and prevention
- Deaths and sudden death
Symptoms related to Side pain: abdominal pain (194), chest pain (75), back pain (51), kidney pain (0)
Side pain type of: Pain (604)
Symptoms: symptom center, symptom groups, symptom descriptions
Possible causes of symptom: Side pain: The following medical conditions are some of the possible causes of Side pain as a symptom. There are likely to be other possible causes, so ask your doctor about your symptoms.
- Stitch - Possible causes of "the stitch" pain in the side:
- Normal reaction to exercise or exertion
- Unaccustomed exertion
- Kidney pain (see Kidney symptoms)
- Spinal arthritis
- Spinal disc disease
- Muscle spasm (see Muscle spasms)
- Heart attack - may cause referred pain in various areas including side pain.
Conditions listing symptoms: Side pain: The following list of conditions have 'Side pain' or similar listed as a symptom in our database. This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete. Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause of any symptom.
Last revised: Nov 9, 2003
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center