Seizures: Uncontrolled physical movements
Detailed cause information for symptom: Seizures:
Medical articles on symptoms: These general medical articles may be of interest:
- Symptoms of the Silent Killer Diseases
- Symptoms and Medical Malpractice
- Medical mistakes and their rates, causes and prevention
- Deaths and sudden death
Seizures type of: Muscle spasms (157), Movement symptoms (231), Spasms (151)
Symptoms: symptom center, symptom groups, symptom descriptions
Possible causes of symptom: Seizures: The following medical conditions are some of the possible causes of Seizures as a symptom. There are likely to be other possible causes, so ask your doctor about your symptoms.
- Causes of seizures include:
- Some causes of seizures involving loss of consciousness or syncope:
- Some causes of smaller seizures not involving loss of consciousness:
- Brain conditions causing seizures include:
- Breathing or respiratory conditions causing seizures include:
- Substances causing seizures include:
- See also causes of convulsions
Medications or substances causing Seizures: The following drugs, medications, substances or toxins are some of the possible causes of Seizures as a symptom. This list is incomplete and various other drugs or substances may cause your symptoms. Always advise your doctor of any medications or treatments you are using, including prescription, over-the-counter, supplements, herbal or alternative treatments.
Conditions listing symptoms: Seizures: The following list of conditions have 'Seizures' or similar listed as a symptom in our database. This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete. Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause of any symptom.
Conditions listing complications: Seizures: The following list of conditions have 'Seizures' or similar listed as a complication in our database. The distinction between a symptom and complication is not always clear, and conditions mentioning this symptom as a complication may also be relevant. This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete. Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause of any symptom.
Related medical articles for Convulsions:
Last revised: Nov 3, 2003
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center