Symptom: Nail symptoms
Nail symptoms: Symptoms affecting the fingernails or toenails
Detailed cause information for symptom: Nail symptoms:
Medical articles on symptoms: These general medical articles may be of interest:
- Symptoms of the Silent Killer Diseases
- Symptoms and Medical Malpractice
- Medical mistakes and their rates, causes and prevention
- Deaths and sudden death
Types of Nail symptoms: Fingernail symptoms (9), Toenail symptoms (11)
Symptoms related to Nail symptoms: Fingernail symptoms (9), Toenail symptoms (11)
Nail symptoms type of: Fingernail symptoms (9), Toenail symptoms (11)
Symptoms: symptom center, symptom groups, symptom descriptions
Possible causes of symptom: Nail symptoms: The following medical conditions are some of the possible causes of Nail symptoms as a symptom. There are likely to be other possible causes, so ask your doctor about your symptoms.
- Nail injury
- Nail fungal infection
- Chronic nail biting
- Anxiety - a common cause of nail biting.
- Beau's lines
- Respiratory disorders
- Paronychnia - causes redness or pain at fingertip or nail.
- Cyanosis - causes blue nails; see also various causes of cyanosis:
- Hypothyroidism - causes brittle nails
- Hyperthyroidism - may also cause brittle nails
- Subacute bacterial endocarditis - causes splinter-link markings under the nails.
- Trichinosis - causes splinter-link markings under the nails.
- Pituitary disorder - loss of the "white moon" at base of nails.
- Paronychia - nail bed infections
- Koilonychnia - causes spoon-shaped nails
- Psoriasis - causes pitting of the nails.
- Alopecia areata - causes pitting of the nails.
- Onycholysis - separation of nails from nail bed.
- Some possible causes of nail discoloration:
- Subungual hematoma (see Hematoma) - discoloration or bruising under a nail (e.g. black nail).
- Glomur tumor - causes red or purple area under nail.
- Some possible causes of pale nails or white nails include:
- Some possible causes of thickening nails include:
- Some causes of clubbed fingernails (rounded nails) include:
Conditions listing symptoms: Nail symptoms: The following list of conditions have 'Nail symptoms' or similar listed as a symptom in our database. This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete. Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause of any symptom.
Conditions listing complications: Nail symptoms: The following list of conditions have 'Nail symptoms' or similar listed as a complication in our database. The distinction between a symptom and complication is not always clear, and conditions mentioning this symptom as a complication may also be relevant. This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete. Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause of any symptom.
Last revised: Nov 3, 2003
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center