Symptom: Lack of urine
Lack of urine: Total lack of any urine output
Introduction: Inability to urinate or total lack of urine is a medical emergency. Seek immediate professional medical attention.
Detailed cause information for symptom: Lack of urine:
Medical articles on symptoms: These general medical articles may be of interest:
- Symptoms of the Silent Killer Diseases
- Symptoms and Medical Malpractice
- Medical mistakes and their rates, causes and prevention
- Deaths and sudden death
Types of Lack of urine: reduced urine (32)
Symptoms related to Lack of urine: weak urination (32), reduced urine (32), urinary difficulty (79), urination symptoms (104), reduced urine (32), weak urination (32), urinary difficulty (79), urination symptoms (104)
Lack of urine type of: Urinary symptoms (104), Urinary difficulty (79), Weak urination (32), Reduced urine (32)
Symptoms: symptom center, symptom groups, symptom descriptions
Possible causes of symptom: Lack of urine: The following medical conditions are some of the possible causes of Lack of urine as a symptom. There are likely to be other possible causes, so ask your doctor about your symptoms.
- Anuria - lack of urine is a medical emergency.
- Acute urine retention
- Urinary obstruction
- Prostate disorder
- Urethral conditions (type of Urinary disorders)
- Bladder disorder
- Kidney disorders
- Low blood pressure - cause the kidneys to fail to produce urine.
- Certain other tumors and cancers - can cause urinary tract blockages or stricture:
- Certain injuries
- Pelvic fracture
- Spinal cord damage (see Spine symptoms)
- Slipped disc
- Neurological disorders (see Cognitive impairment)
- Wrong-type blood transfusion
- Crush injury
- Certain drugs
- See also causes of reduced urine, weak urination, or other urination symptoms
- Certain prostate drugs
Conditions listing symptoms: Lack of urine: The following list of conditions have 'Lack of urine' or similar listed as a symptom in our database. This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete. Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause of any symptom.
Conditions listing complications: Lack of urine: The following list of conditions have 'Lack of urine' or similar listed as a complication in our database. The distinction between a symptom and complication is not always clear, and conditions mentioning this symptom as a complication may also be relevant. This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete. Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause of any symptom.
Last revised: Nov 24, 2003
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center