Hyperactivity: Excessive action and lack of control.
Detailed cause information for symptom: Hyperactivity:
Medical articles on symptoms: These general medical articles may be of interest:
- Symptoms of the Silent Killer Diseases
- Symptoms and Medical Malpractice
- Medical mistakes and their rates, causes and prevention
- Deaths and sudden death
Symptoms related to Hyperactivity: irritability (92), restlessness (32), aggression (26)
Hyperactivity type of: Society problems (157)
Symptoms: symptom center, symptom groups, symptom descriptions
Possible causes of symptom: Hyperactivity: The following medical conditions are some of the possible causes of Hyperactivity as a symptom. There are likely to be other possible causes, so ask your doctor about your symptoms.
- Normal child - young children are often very active with short attention spans.
- Normal teenager
- Gifted child
- Psychological conflicts
- Problematic family home life
- Attention deficit disorder
- Hearing problems (see Hearing impairment)
- Vision problems
- Thyroid disease
- Learning disability
- Lead poisoning
- Sexual abuse
- Mental illness
- Bipolar disorder
- Food allergies - somewhat controversial as to whether allergies cause hyperactivity.
- Brain damage
- See also causes of mania, inattention, concentration difficulty
Conditions listing symptoms: Hyperactivity: The following list of conditions have 'Hyperactivity' or similar listed as a symptom in our database. This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete. Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause of any symptom.
Conditions listing complications: Hyperactivity: The following list of conditions have 'Hyperactivity' or similar listed as a complication in our database. The distinction between a symptom and complication is not always clear, and conditions mentioning this symptom as a complication may also be relevant. This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete. Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause of any symptom.
Last revised: Nov 26, 2003
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center