Delusions: Inappropriate or irrational beliefs.
Detailed cause information for symptom: Delusions:
Medical articles on symptoms: These general medical articles may be of interest:
- Symptoms of the Silent Killer Diseases
- Symptoms and Medical Malpractice
- Medical mistakes and their rates, causes and prevention
- Deaths and sudden death
Types of Delusions: paranoia (13)
Symptoms: symptom center, symptom groups, symptom descriptions
Possible causes of symptom: Delusions: The following medical conditions are some of the possible causes of Delusions as a symptom. There are likely to be other possible causes, so ask your doctor about your symptoms.
- Drug intoxication - various drugs are a common cause of both delusions and paranoia symptoms.
- Marijuana intoxication - can cause delusions and paranoia.
- Speed intoxication - also causes delusions/paranoia.
- Psychotic disorders - delusion symptoms are a hallmark of a psychotic disorder, such as:
- Depressive disorders - severe cases can lead to delusions arising in the negative frame of mind:
- Other symptoms or conditions that may need to be considered or may be mistaken as delusions include:
- Paranoia - paranoia is a type of delusion symptom (a "persecutory delusion" that someone will harm you either physically or mentally).
- Panic attack - onset of unreasoning fear type symptoms is similar to delusions and/or paranoia.
- Social phobia - excessive concern about other people "watching" or "judging" is similar to a mild paranoid delusion.
- See also causes of hallucinations or causes of paranoia
Conditions listing symptoms: Delusions: The following list of conditions have 'Delusions' or similar listed as a symptom in our database. This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete. Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause of any symptom.
Conditions listing complications: Delusions: The following list of conditions have 'Delusions' or similar listed as a complication in our database. The distinction between a symptom and complication is not always clear, and conditions mentioning this symptom as a complication may also be relevant. This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete. Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause of any symptom.
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center