Symptom: Darkened urine
Darkened urine: Discoloration or darkening of urine color.
Detailed cause information for symptom: Darkened urine:
Medical articles on symptoms: These general medical articles may be of interest:
- Symptoms of the Silent Killer Diseases
- Symptoms and Medical Malpractice
- Medical mistakes and their rates, causes and prevention
- Deaths and sudden death
Types of Darkened urine: blood in urine (28)
Symptoms related to Darkened urine: blood in urine (28), cloudy urine (10), urine color changes (46), blood in urine (28), cloudy urine (10), orange urine (2)
Darkened urine type of: Urine color changes (46)
Symptoms: symptom center, symptom groups, symptom descriptions
Possible causes of symptom: Darkened urine: The following medical conditions are some of the possible causes of Darkened urine as a symptom. There are likely to be other possible causes, so ask your doctor about your symptoms.
- Certain foods or drinks - various types of foods or drink affect urine coloration.
- Blood in urine - see causes of blood in urine; several are severe diseases.
- Dehydration - causes darker urine or even a gold-color urine
- Hot weather - may lead to dehydration and/or concentrated urine
- Exercise - may lead to dehydration and/or concentrated urine
- Bile in urine - causes a tea-like or mahogany color; usually from a liver disorder
- Crush injury
- See also urine color changes, red urine, darkened urine or pink urine
Medications or substances causing Darkened urine: The following drugs, medications, substances or toxins are some of the possible causes of Darkened urine as a symptom. This list is incomplete and various other drugs or substances may cause your symptoms. Always advise your doctor of any medications or treatments you are using, including prescription, over-the-counter, supplements, herbal or alternative treatments.
- Rifampin - makes urine orange color.
- Vitamin B supplementns - can cause orange urine
- Pyridium - can cause orange urine
- Certain tranquilizers - can cause reddish urine or brown urine
- Methylene blue dye - may lead to green urine or blue urine
- See also causes of urine color changes, red urine, or orange urine
Conditions listing symptoms: Darkened urine: The following list of conditions have 'Darkened urine' or similar listed as a symptom in our database. This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete. Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause of any symptom.
Conditions listing complications: Darkened urine: The following list of conditions have 'Darkened urine' or similar listed as a complication in our database. The distinction between a symptom and complication is not always clear, and conditions mentioning this symptom as a complication may also be relevant. This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete. Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause of any symptom.
Last revised: Nov 13, 2003
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center