Symptom: Cloudy urine
Cloudy urine: Cloudy or milky appearance of urine
Introduction: Cloudy urine or milky urine can result from various changes in the urine. It may result from other symptoms such as blood in urine, proteinuria, urine substances or other causes of urine color changes. Cloudy urine may indicate serious disease and needs prompt professional medical diagnosis.
Detailed cause information for symptom: Cloudy urine:
Medical articles on symptoms: These general medical articles may be of interest:
- Symptoms of the Silent Killer Diseases
- Symptoms and Medical Malpractice
- Medical mistakes and their rates, causes and prevention
- Deaths and sudden death
Symptoms related to Cloudy urine: darkened urine (43), blood in urine (28), proteinuria (17), urine substances (23), red urine (5), pink urine (0), urine color changes (46)
Cloudy urine type of: Urine color changes (46)
Symptoms: symptom center, symptom groups, symptom descriptions
Possible causes of symptom: Cloudy urine: The following medical conditions are some of the possible causes of Cloudy urine as a symptom. There are likely to be other possible causes, so ask your doctor about your symptoms.
- Certain foods or drinks - various types of foods or drink affect urine consistency and coloration.
- Normal vaginal secretions
- Pus in urine (see Urine substances)
- Bladder infection
- Urinary tract infection
- Kidney stones
- Blood in urine - any blood in the urine may lead to cloudy urine or smoky urine
- Kidney conditions
- Acute pyelonephritis
- See also dark urine, blood in urine, and urine substances
Conditions listing symptoms: Cloudy urine: The following list of conditions have 'Cloudy urine' or similar listed as a symptom in our database. This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete. Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause of any symptom.
Last revised: Nov 24, 2003
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center