Symptom: Circulation symptoms
Circulation symptoms: Symptoms affecting the circulatory system
Introduction: Various disorders can lead to poor circulation either generally or in particular areas of circulation. Poor circulation may lead to blueness (cyanosis), pallor, and other symptoms. Poor circulation can also reduce healing effectiveness in affected areas leading to poor healing. Any needs prompt professional medical advice. Blueness can indicate cyanosis such as from lack of circulation and can be very serious. This can arise due to various severe illnesses that inhibit circulation or oxygen takeup. Localized cyanosis can also occur in areas of poor circulation such as the hands and fingers in Raynaud's phenomenon. Cyanosis may also be described as purple skin or dark skin in some cases. Any form of cyanosis, circulation symptom or circulatory disorder needs medical investigation.
Detailed cause information for symptom: Circulation symptoms:
Medical articles on symptoms: These general medical articles may be of interest:
- Symptoms of the Silent Killer Diseases
- Symptoms and Medical Malpractice
- Medical mistakes and their rates, causes and prevention
- Deaths and sudden death
Symptoms related to Circulation symptoms: blueness (33), coldness (0), pallor (40), cyanosis (33), blue skin (33), blue hands (0), blue lips (7), cold hands (2), cold feet (1), poor healing (0)
Symptoms: symptom center, symptom groups, symptom descriptions
Possible causes of symptom: Circulation symptoms: The following medical conditions are some of the possible causes of Circulation symptoms as a symptom. There are likely to be other possible causes, so ask your doctor about your symptoms.
- Circulatory disorders
- Heart disorders
- Circulatory disorders
- Blood vessel disorders (type of Circulatory disorder)
- Vein disorders
- Artery disorders (type of Soft Tissue Disorders)
- Venous insufficiency (see Vein symptoms)
- Arterial insufficiency - usually from atherosclerosis
- Intermittent claudication
- Deep vein thrombophlebitis
- Varicose veins - often causes aching calves.
- Certain disorders affect the quality of oxygen distribution rather than actual circulation:
- Certain disorders affect the amount of oxygen rather than actual circulation:
- See also causes of blueness, cyanosis, coldness, or other related symptoms
Conditions listing symptoms: Circulation symptoms: The following list of conditions have 'Circulation symptoms' or similar listed as a symptom in our database. This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete. Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause of any symptom.
Conditions listing complications: Circulation symptoms: The following list of conditions have 'Circulation symptoms' or similar listed as a complication in our database. The distinction between a symptom and complication is not always clear, and conditions mentioning this symptom as a complication may also be relevant. This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete. Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause of any symptom.
Last revised: Nov 21, 2003
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center