Belching: Producing gas from the oral area.
Detailed cause information for symptom: Belching:
Medical articles on symptoms: These general medical articles may be of interest:
- Symptoms of the Silent Killer Diseases
- Symptoms and Medical Malpractice
- Medical mistakes and their rates, causes and prevention
- Deaths and sudden death
Belching type of: Digestive symptoms (397), Abdominal symptoms (272), Flatulence (25)
Symptoms: symptom center, symptom groups, symptom descriptions
Possible causes of symptom: Belching: The following medical conditions are some of the possible causes of Belching as a symptom. There are likely to be other possible causes, so ask your doctor about your symptoms.
- Normal infant
- Swallowing air
- Habitual air swallowing
- Mouth breathing (see Breathing symptoms)
- Chewing gum
- Poorly fitted dentures
- Relaxed esophageal sphincter during breathing
- Inferior wall myocardial infarction - rarely the cause but may cause belching with chest pain.
- Emotional stress (type of Stress)
- Carbonated beverages
- Food intolerances
- Food allergy
- Milk intolerance
- Stomach acid deficiency
- Rare belching of true foul-smelling intestional gas rather than swallowed air:
Conditions listing symptoms: Belching: The following list of conditions have 'Belching' or similar listed as a symptom in our database. This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete. Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause of any symptom.
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center