Types of Strain
Types list: The list of types of Strain mentioned in various sources includes:
- Back strain
- Hamstring strain - back of the thigh strain; common in athletics and running.
- Elbow strains - common in raquet sports like tennis, or throwing sports.
- Hand strain - activities or sports requiring gripping.
- Forearm strain - similar causes as a hand strain.
Two common sites for a strain are the back and the
hamstring muscle (located in the back of the thigh). Contact sports such
as soccer, football, hockey, boxing, and wrestling put people at risk
for strains. Gymnastics, tennis, rowing, golf, and other sports that
require extensive gripping can increase the risk of hand and forearm
strains. Elbow strains sometimes occur in people who participate in
racquet sports, throwing, and contact sports.1
1. excerpt from Questions and Answers Sprains and Strains: NIAMS
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center