Introduction: Silent conditions
There are many diseases that have no symptoms or only mild early symptoms.
These are often called "silent" diseases.
Amongst the most serious are diabetes and hypertension,
which are both considered "silent killers" because
they cause severe body damage over time
without major symptoms.
Regular screening for these and other diseases is very important for health.
Conditions list: The list of conditions in the Silent conditions group includes:
- Hypertension - the "silent killer"
- High cholesterol
- Colon cancer
- silent pelvic inflammatory disease (type of Pelvic Inflammatory Disease) - no symptoms; see pelvic inflammatory disease; often from chlamydia.
- silent gallstones (type of Gallstones) - unknown gallstones without symptoms
- silent kidney stones (type of Kidney stones) - these are kidney stones causing no symptoms
- See also list of conditions with no symptoms or mild symptoms
|Contents for Silent conditions:|
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center