Prevention of Scabies
Prevention list: Methods of prevention of Scabies mentioned in various sources includes those listed below. This prevention information is gathered from various sources, and may be inaccurate or incomplete. None of these methods guarantee prevention of Scabies.
- Treat family members
- Treat sexual partners
- Avoid sexual contact with infected people
- Avoid sex if you are infected - avoid infecting others.
- Wash bedding in very hot water (125 degrees F)
- Wash clothing in very hot water (125 degrees F)
- Dry-clean clothing - an alternative to very hot washing
Last revision: June 13, 2003
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center