Misdiagnosis of Pregnancy
|About misdiagnosis: When checking for a misdiagnosis of Pregnancy or confirming a diagnosis of Pregnancy, it is useful to consider what other medical conditions might be possible misdiagnoses or other alternative conditions relevant to diagnosis. These alternate diagnoses of Pregnancy may already have been considered by your doctor or may need to be considered as possible alternative diagnoses or candidates for misdiagnosis of Pregnancy. For a general overview of misdiagnosis issues for all diseases, see Overview of Misdiagnosis.|
Alternative diagnoses list for Pregnancy: For a diagnosis of Pregnancy, the following list of conditions have been mentioned in sources as possible alternative diagnoses to consider during the diagnostic process for Pregnancy:
- Menopause - also causes absent periods.
- Female athlete syndrome - causes absent periods.
- Eating disorders - thinness can cause absent periods.
- Ovarian cancer - if hormone levels are elevated without pregnancy.
- Ectopic pregnancy
Pregnancy as an alternative diagnosis: The other diseases for which Pregnancy is listed as a possible alternative diagnosis in their lists include:
Medical news summaries about misdiagnosis of Pregnancy: The following medical news items are relevant to misdiagnosis of Pregnancy:
- Abortions due to late diagnosis of fetal abnormality
- Doctor found not negligent in $1.5 million lawsuit
- Doctor refuses to see man with intense pain
- Excess alcohol consumption during pregnancy can result in fetal alcohol spectrum disorder
- Man seeks $1.5 million damages over wife and unborn child’s death_1
- Woman’s brain tumour receives 35 different misdiagnoses over 20 years
Misdiagnosis cases for Pregnancy:
No cases available yet.
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center