Types of Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
Types list: The list of types of Pelvic Inflammatory Disease mentioned in various sources includes:
- Acute PID - sudden onset acute form
- Chronic PID - slower onset chronic form
- Gonococcal PID - from gonorrhea
- Chlamydial PID - from chlamydia
- Atypical pelvic inflammatory disease - very mild symptoms; often from chlamydia.
- Silent pelvic inflammatory disease - no symptoms; often from chlamydia.
- Symptomatic pelvic inflammatory disease - has noticable symptoms.
Last revision: June 10, 2003
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center