Prevention of Nosocomial infections
Prevention list: Methods of prevention of Nosocomial infections mentioned in various sources includes those listed below. This prevention information is gathered from various sources, and may be inaccurate or incomplete. None of these methods guarantee prevention of Nosocomial infections.
- Changes to hospital staff activities:
- Hand washing - especially between attending different patients
- Avoiding hand contact to eyes or oral area
- Hospital staff education
- Changes to the patient environment:
- Isolation of patient
- Education of visitors - to avoid certain types of touching, wash hands, etc.
- Discouragement of ill visitors
- Changes to hospital environment:
- Sterilization of equipment
- Air filtration systems
- Vaccination - use of certain vaccines may be appropriate for some patients.
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center