Medical Dictionary: NP
Medical dictionaries: Medical dictionary, Medical malpractice dictionary, Medical Acronymns/Abbreviations
NP: Another name for Niemann-Pick disease.
NP (condition): Genetic disease causing fatty deposits.
Niemann-Pick disease (NP) is an inherited metabolic
disorder in which harmful quantities of a fatty substance accumulate in
the spleen, liver, lungs, bone marrow, and, in some patients, the brain.
More information on medical condition: Niemann-Pick disease:
- Introduction: Niemann-Pick disease
- Basic Summary for Niemann-Pick disease
- Types of Niemann-Pick disease
- Symptoms of Niemann-Pick disease
- Misdiagnosis of Niemann-Pick disease
1. excerpt from NINDS Niemann-Pick Disease Information Page: NINDS
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center