Medical Dictionary: Nosocomial
Nosocomial: Referring to infections acquired in hospitals
Introduction: Nosocomial infections are infections that are caused by or acquired during a hospital stay. Unfortunately, it is fairly common for a person who is in hospital to acquire an infection. People most at risk of nosocomial infection include those who are immunocompromised or have reduced immune function, or those with an open wound.
Medical dictionaries: Medical dictionary, Medical malpractice dictionary, Medical Acronymns/Abbreviations
Nosocomial: Another name for Nosocomial infections.
Nosocomial (condition): Infections acquired during hospital stays.
More information on medical condition: Nosocomial infections:
- Introduction: Nosocomial infections
- Basic Summary for Nosocomial infections
- Types of Nosocomial infections
- Risk Factors for Nosocomial infections
- Prevention of Nosocomial infections
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center