Medical Dictionary: Nephrolithiasis
Medical dictionaries: Medical dictionary, Medical malpractice dictionary, Medical Acronymns/Abbreviations
Nephrolithiasis: Another name for Kidney stones.
Nephrolithiasis (condition): Stone-like calcium deposits in the kidney.
Nephrolithiasis: A kidney stone is a solid piece of material that forms in the kidney out of substances in the urine.
A stone may stay in the kidney or break loose and travel down the urinary tract. A small stone may pass all of the way out of the body without causing too much pain.
A larger stone may get stuck in a ureter, the bladder, or the urethra.
A problem stone can block the flow of urine and cause great pain.
More information on medical condition: Kidney stones:
- Introduction: Kidney stones
- Basic Summary for Kidney stones
- Types of Kidney stones
- Causes of Kidney stones
- Medication Causes of Kidney stones
- Risk Factors for Kidney stones
- Symptoms of Kidney stones
- Diagnostic Tests for Kidney stones
- Treatments for Kidney stones
- Prevention of Kidney stones
1. excerpt from What Are Kidney Stones: NIDDK
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center