Medical Dictionary: Neisseria meningitidis
Medical dictionaries: Medical dictionary, Medical malpractice dictionary, Medical Acronymns/Abbreviations
Neisseria meningitidis: Another name for Meningococcal disease.
Neisseria meningitidis (condition): Dangerous bacterial infection causing meningitis or bacteremia.
Neisseria meningitidis (condition): Meningococcal disease is not only meningitis, but actually includes several types of disease, all caused by the Neisseria meningitidis or just "meningococcus" bacteria. Recent attention to meningococcal disease has arisen due to several epidemics in college students or school age children. Despite this media attention the age group 15-24 is actually only the second most at-risk group, with the highest incidence rates in infants less than a year old. Also significantly at risk are any children under 5 years.
More information on medical condition: Meningococcal disease:
- Introduction: Meningococcal disease
- Basic Summary for Meningococcal disease
- Types of Meningococcal disease
- Risk Factors for Meningococcal disease
- Symptoms of Meningococcal disease
- Complications of Meningococcal disease
- Diagnostic Tests for Meningococcal disease
- Misdiagnosis of Meningococcal disease
- Treatments for Meningococcal disease
- Prevention of Meningococcal disease
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center