Medical Dictionary: Motor neurone disease
Medical dictionaries: Medical dictionary, Medical malpractice dictionary, Medical Acronymns/Abbreviations
Motor neurone disease: Another name for Motor neuron diseases.
Motor neurone disease (condition): Any of various disorders of the "motor neurons", nerves that control movement.
Motor neurone disease:
Motor neuron diseases (MNDs) are progressive,
degenerative disorders that affect nerves in the upper or lower parts of
the body. Some of the diseases are inherited, while others may be
Common MNDs include amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS),
progressive muscular atrophy, and postpolio syndrome.
More information on medical condition: Motor neuron diseases:
- Introduction: Motor neuron diseases
- Basic Summary for Motor neuron diseases
- Types of Motor neuron diseases
- Symptoms of Motor neuron diseases
- Diagnostic Tests for Motor neuron diseases
1. excerpt from NINDS Motor Neuron Diseases Information Page: NINDS
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center