Medical Dictionary: Maroteauz-Lamy syndrome
Medical dictionaries: Medical dictionary, Medical malpractice dictionary, Medical Acronymns/Abbreviations
Maroteauz-Lamy syndrome: Another name for Mucopolysaccharidosis VI.
Maroteauz-Lamy syndrome (condition): Disorder of mucopolysaccharide metabolism in infants.
MPS VI, or Maroteauz-Lamy
syndrome, resembles Hurler syndrome. Onset is in infancy, however,
intelligence is normal.
Individuals may live into the second or third
More information on medical condition: Mucopolysaccharidosis VI:
- Introduction: Mucopolysaccharidosis VI
- Basic Summary for Mucopolysaccharidosis VI
- Misdiagnosis of Mucopolysaccharidosis VI
- Treatments for Mucopolysaccharidosis VI
1. excerpt from NINDS Mucopolysaccharidoses Information Page: NINDS
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center