Medical Dictionary: LKS
Medical dictionaries: Medical dictionary, Medical malpractice dictionary, Medical Acronymns/Abbreviations
LKS: Another name for Landau-Kleffner Syndrome.
LKS (condition): Brain disorder causing loss of language skills.
Landau-Kleffner syndrome (LKS), also called acquired
epileptiform aphasia, is a rare,
childhood neurological disorder
characterized by the sudden or gradual development of aphasia (loss of
language) and an abnormal electro-encephalogram (EEG). LKS affects the
parts of the brain that control speech and comprehension.
More information on medical condition: Landau-Kleffner Syndrome:
- Introduction: Landau-Kleffner Syndrome
- Basic Summary for Landau-Kleffner Syndrome
- Symptoms of Landau-Kleffner Syndrome
- Diagnostic Tests for Landau-Kleffner Syndrome
- Misdiagnosis of Landau-Kleffner Syndrome
- Treatments for Landau-Kleffner Syndrome
1. excerpt from NINDS Landau-Kleffner Syndrome Information Page: NINDS
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center