Medical Dictionary: LD
Medical dictionaries: Medical dictionary, Medical malpractice dictionary, Medical Acronymns/Abbreviations
LD: Another name for Learning disabilities.
LD (condition): Various developmental problems impairing learning or schooling.
LD: LD is a disorder that affects people's ability to either interpret what
they see and hear or to link information from different parts of the
brain. These limitations can show up in many ways--as specific
difficulties with spoken and written language, coordination, self-control,
or attention. Such difficulties extend to schoolwork and can impede
learning to read or write, or to do math.
More information on medical condition: Learning disabilities:
- Introduction: Learning disabilities
- Basic Summary for Learning disabilities
- Types of Learning disabilities
- Risk Factors for Learning disabilities
- Symptoms of Learning disabilities
- Misdiagnosis of Learning disabilities
1. excerpt from Learning Disabilities: NIMH
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center