Medical Dictionary: Lateral Medullary Syndrome
Medical dictionaries: Medical dictionary, Medical malpractice dictionary, Medical Acronymns/Abbreviations
Lateral Medullary Syndrome: Another name for Wallenberg's Syndrome.
Lateral Medullary Syndrome (condition): Neurological disorder affecting voice and swallowing.
Lateral Medullary Syndrome:
Wallenberg's syndrome is a neurological disorder
characterized by swallowing difficulties and hoarseness which results from
paralysis of a portion of the vocal cord. The disorder is generally caused
by a blockage in a vertebral or cerebellar artery.
More information on medical condition: Wallenberg's Syndrome:
- Introduction: Wallenberg's Syndrome
- Basic Summary for Wallenberg's Syndrome
- Symptoms of Wallenberg's Syndrome
- Treatments for Wallenberg's Syndrome
1. excerpt from NINDS Wallenberg's Syndrome Information Page: NINDS
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center