Medical Dictionary: KSS
Medical dictionaries: Medical dictionary, Medical malpractice dictionary, Medical Acronymns/Abbreviations
KSS: Another name for Kearns-Sayre Syndrome.
KSS (condition): Rare mitochondrial muscle disorder.
Kearns-Sayre syndrome (KSS) is a rare neuromuscular
disorder with onset usually before the age of 20.
It is characterized by
progressive external ophthalmoplegia (paralysis of the eye muscles) and
mild skeletal muscle weakness.
More information on medical condition: Kearns-Sayre Syndrome:
- Introduction: Kearns-Sayre Syndrome
- Basic Summary for Kearns-Sayre Syndrome
- Symptoms of Kearns-Sayre Syndrome
- Treatments for Kearns-Sayre Syndrome
1. excerpt from NINDS Kearns-Sayre Syndrome Information Page: NINDS
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center