Medical Dictionary: IS
Medical dictionaries: Medical dictionary, Medical malpractice dictionary, Medical Acronymns/Abbreviations
IS: Another name for Infantile Spasms.
IS (condition): Seizure condition in infants.
Infantile spasm (IS) is a rare seizure disorder of infancy
and early childhood.
The onset is predominantly in the first year of life.
Characteristic features of IS, sometimes called West syndrome, include
myoclonic seizures, hypsarrhythmia (abnormal, chaotic
electroencephalogram), and mental retardation.
More information on medical condition: Infantile Spasms:
- Introduction: Infantile Spasms
- Basic Summary for Infantile Spasms
- Symptoms of Infantile Spasms
- Treatments for Infantile Spasms
1. excerpt from NINDS Infantile Spasms Information Page: NINDS
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center