Medical Dictionary: IC
Medical dictionaries: Medical dictionary, Medical malpractice dictionary, Medical Acronymns/Abbreviations
IC: Another name for Interstitial cystitis.
IC (condition): Bladder infection causing pain.
IC (condition): Interstitial cystitis is an odd disease that is difficult to diagnose. It causes pain and irritation to the bladder and pelvic area, and thereby causes various urination symptoms. Its cause is unclear, but may be autoimmune, or perhaps only some cases are autoimmune. Diagnosis of IC is often by ruling out all other possible causes of bladder symptoms. Confirmation of a diagnosis is difficult, and the most compelling evidence for diagnosis is often from surgery and biopsy, rather than any specific urine or blood tests.
Interstitial cystitis (IC), one of the chronic pelvic pain
disorders, is a condition resulting in recurring discomfort or pain in the
bladder and the surrounding pelvic region.
More information on medical condition: Interstitial cystitis:
- Introduction: Interstitial cystitis
- Basic Summary for Interstitial cystitis
- Types of Interstitial cystitis
- Causes of Interstitial cystitis
- Symptoms of Interstitial cystitis
- Complications of Interstitial cystitis
- Diagnostic Tests for Interstitial cystitis
- Misdiagnosis of Interstitial cystitis
- Treatments for Interstitial cystitis
1. excerpt from Interstitial Cystitis: NIDDK
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center