Medical Dictionary: Hepatitis viruses
Medical dictionaries: Medical dictionary, Medical malpractice dictionary, Medical Acronymns/Abbreviations
Hepatitis viruses: Another name for Viral Hepatitis.
Hepatitis viruses (condition): Any type of virus infecting the liver.
Hepatitis viruses: Hepatitis is inflammation of the liver. Several different viruses cause viral hepatitis. They are named the hepatitis A, B, C, D, and E viruses.
All of these viruses cause acute, or short-term, viral hepatitis.
The hepatitis B, C, and D viruses can also cause chronic hepatitis,
in which the infection is prolonged, sometimes lifelong.
More information on medical condition: Viral Hepatitis:
- Introduction: Viral Hepatitis
- Basic Summary for Viral Hepatitis
- Types of Viral Hepatitis
- Symptoms of Viral Hepatitis
- Complications of Viral Hepatitis
- Misdiagnosis of Viral Hepatitis
- Treatments for Viral Hepatitis
1. excerpt from Viral Hepatitis A to E and Beyond: NIDDK
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center