Medical Dictionary: Globoid Cell Leukodystrophy
Medical dictionaries: Medical dictionary, Medical malpractice dictionary, Medical Acronymns/Abbreviations
Globoid Cell Leukodystrophy: Another name for Krabbé Disease.
Globoid Cell Leukodystrophy (condition): Brain myelin disorder with various symptoms.
Globoid Cell Leukodystrophy:
disease is a rare, degenerative disorder of the central and peripheral
nervous systems. It is one of a group of genetic disorders called the
leukodystrophies that affect the growth of the myelin sheath, the
fatty covering-which acts as an insulator-on nerve fibers in the brain.
More information on medical condition: Krabbé Disease:
- Introduction: Krabbé Disease
- Basic Summary for Krabbé Disease
- Symptoms of Krabbé Disease
- Treatments for Krabbé Disease
1. excerpt from NINDS Krabbe Disease Information Page: NINDS
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center