Medical Dictionary: Giant cell arteritis
Medical dictionaries: Medical dictionary, Medical malpractice dictionary, Medical Acronymns/Abbreviations
Giant cell arteritis: Another name for Temporal arteritis.
Giant cell arteritis (condition): Inflamed head artery causing headache.
Giant cell arteritis:
Temporal arteritis (also called
cranial or giant cell arteritis) is an inflammation of the temporal artery
(which runs over the temple, beside the eye).
More information on medical condition: Temporal arteritis:
- Introduction: Temporal arteritis
- Basic Summary for Temporal arteritis
- Symptoms of Temporal arteritis
- Complications of Temporal arteritis
- Diagnostic Tests for Temporal arteritis
- Misdiagnosis of Temporal arteritis
- Treatments for Temporal arteritis
1. excerpt from NINDS Vasculitis including Temporal Arteritis Information Page: NINDS
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center