Medical Dictionary: Fisher Syndrome
Medical dictionaries: Medical dictionary, Medical malpractice dictionary, Medical Acronymns/Abbreviations
Fisher Syndrome: Another name for Miller Fisher Syndrome.
Fisher Syndrome (condition): Autoimmune nerve condition.
Miller Fisher syndrome is a rare, acute polyneuropathy
characterized by ataxia (abnormal muscle coordination), ophthalmoplegia
(paralysis of the eye muscles), and areflexia (absence of the reflexes).
The disorder is a variant of Guillain-Barre syndrome.
More information on medical condition: Miller Fisher Syndrome:
- Introduction: Miller Fisher Syndrome
- Basic Summary for Miller Fisher Syndrome
- Symptoms of Miller Fisher Syndrome
- Treatments for Miller Fisher Syndrome
1. excerpt from NINDS Miller Fisher Syndrome Information Page: NINDS
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center