Medical Dictionary: Fifth disease
Medical dictionaries: Medical dictionary, Medical malpractice dictionary, Medical Acronymns/Abbreviations
Fifth disease: Another name for Slap-cheek syndrome.
Fifth disease (condition): Viral infection where children get rosy cheeks.
Fifth disease (condition): The medical name is erythema infectiosum, but it is commonly called "slap-cheek syndrome" because of the rosy slapped-like appearance of the child's cheeks. It is also called "Fifth disease", because it is the fifth of five common child diseases causing similar rashes (the others are measles, rubella, scarlet fever and Filatov-Dukes disease, a type of scarlet fever).
More information on medical condition: Slap-cheek syndrome:
- Introduction: Slap-cheek syndrome
- Basic Summary for Slap-cheek syndrome
- Symptoms of Slap-cheek syndrome
- Complications of Slap-cheek syndrome
- Misdiagnosis of Slap-cheek syndrome
- Treatments for Slap-cheek syndrome
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center