Medical Dictionary: Enterovirus
Medical dictionaries: Medical dictionary, Medical malpractice dictionary, Medical Acronymns/Abbreviations
Enterovirus: Another name for Enteroviruses.
Enterovirus (condition): Viruses affecting the digestive tract.
are small viruses that are made of ribonucleic acid (RNA) and protein.
This group includes the polioviruses, coxsackieviruses, and echoviruses.
In addition to the three different polioviruses, there are 61 non-polio
enteroviruses that can cause disease in humans: 23 Coxsackie A viruses,
6 Coxsackie B viruses, 28 echoviruses, and 4 other enteroviruses. 1
More information on medical condition: Enteroviruses:
- Introduction: Enteroviruses
- Basic Summary for Enteroviruses
- Symptoms of Enteroviruses
- Complications of Enteroviruses
1. excerpt from Non-Polio Enterovirus Infections: DVRD
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center