Medical Dictionary: Dejerine-Klumpke Palsy
Medical dictionaries: Medical dictionary, Medical malpractice dictionary, Medical Acronymns/Abbreviations
Dejerine-Klumpke Palsy: Another name for Brachial Plexus Injury.
Dejerine-Klumpke Palsy (condition): Damage to the nerves controlling the shoulder and arm (often from childbirth).
The brachial plexus is a network of nerves that conducts
signals from the spine to the shoulder, arm, and hand. Brachial plexus
injuries are caused by damage to those nerves.
More information on medical condition: Brachial Plexus Injury:
- Introduction: Brachial Plexus Injury
- Basic Summary for Brachial Plexus Injury
- Types of Brachial Plexus Injury
- Causes of Brachial Plexus Injury
- Symptoms of Brachial Plexus Injury
- Treatments for Brachial Plexus Injury
1. excerpt from NINDS Brachial Plexus Injuries Information Page: NINDS
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center