Medical Dictionary: Connective Tissue Disease
Medical dictionaries: Medical dictionary, Medical malpractice dictionary, Medical Acronymns/Abbreviations
Connective Tissue Disease: Another name for Connective tissue disorders.
Connective Tissue Disease (condition): Any condition affecting connective tissues.
Connective Tissue Disease:
family of more than 200
disorders that affect connective tissues. These disorders result from
alterations (mutations) in genes responsible for building tissues.
Alterations in these genes may change the structure and development of
skin, bones, joints, heart, blood vessels, lungs, eyes, and ears. Some
mutations also change how these tissues work.
More information on medical condition: Connective tissue disorders:
- Introduction: Connective tissue disorders
- Basic Summary for Connective tissue disorders
- Types of Connective tissue disorders
- Symptoms of Connective tissue disorders
1. excerpt from Questions and Answers about Heritable Disorders of Connective Tissue: NIAMS
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center