Medical Dictionary: Cancer of the Pituitary
Medical dictionaries: Medical dictionary, Medical malpractice dictionary, Medical Acronymns/Abbreviations
Cancer of the Pituitary: Another name for Pituitary Cancer.
Cancer of the Pituitary (condition): Cancer of the pituitary gland.
Cancer of the Pituitary (condition): Most pituitary tumors are benign. However, because the pituitary is an important hormonal gland, this does not mean they are harmless. Even a benign pituitary tumor can have various severe hormonal affects on the body, and cause various secondary diseases such as Cushing's disease or Acromegaly.
Cancer of the Pituitary:
Pituitary tumors are abnormal growths found in the
a small organ--about the size of a dime and located in
the center of the brain--which makes hormones that affect growth and the
functions of other glands in the body.
More information on medical condition: Pituitary Cancer:
- Introduction: Pituitary Cancer
- Basic Summary for Pituitary Cancer
- Types of Pituitary Cancer
- Symptoms of Pituitary Cancer
- Complications of Pituitary Cancer
- Diagnostic Tests for Pituitary Cancer
- Treatments for Pituitary Cancer
1. excerpt from NINDS Pituitary Tumors Information Page: NINDS
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center