Medical Dictionary: BSS
Medical dictionaries: Medical dictionary, Medical malpractice dictionary, Medical Acronymns/Abbreviations
BSS: Another name for Brown-Sequard Syndrome.
BSS (condition): Rare spinal cord lesion causing partial paralysis.
Brown-Sequard syndrome (BSS) is a rare neurological
condition characterized by a lesion on the spinal cord which results in
weakness or paralysis (hemiparaplegia) on one side of the body and a loss
of sensation (hemianesthesia) on the opposite side.
More information on medical condition: Brown-Sequard Syndrome:
- Introduction: Brown-Sequard Syndrome
- Basic Summary for Brown-Sequard Syndrome
- Causes of Brown-Sequard Syndrome
- Symptoms of Brown-Sequard Syndrome
- Treatments for Brown-Sequard Syndrome
1. excerpt from NINDS Brown-Sequard Syndrome Information Page: NINDS
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center