Medical Dictionary: Breast tumor
Medical dictionaries: Medical dictionary, Medical malpractice dictionary, Medical Acronymns/Abbreviations
Breast tumor: Another name for Breast Cancer.
Breast tumor (condition): Cancer of the breast.
Breast tumor (condition): Breast cancer is the second leading malpractice-related condition with most lawsuits arising out of misdiagnosis and delayed treatment. One problem is that a mammogram may be negative, even for women with a breast lump, but a negative mammogram does not definitively rule out breast cancer. Further tests are necessary. Another problem is that women under 50 can get breast cancer, but many doctors will assume a diagnosis of breast fibrocystic disease because of their age.
More information on medical condition: Breast Cancer:
- Introduction: Breast Cancer
- Basic Summary for Breast Cancer
- Types of Breast Cancer
- Risk Factors for Breast Cancer
- Symptoms of Breast Cancer
- Diagnostic Tests for Breast Cancer
- Misdiagnosis of Breast Cancer
- Treatments for Breast Cancer
- Prevention of Breast Cancer
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center