Medical Dictionary: Ballooning mitral valve
Medical dictionaries: Medical dictionary, Medical malpractice dictionary, Medical Acronymns/Abbreviations
Ballooning mitral valve: Another name for Mitral-valve prolapse.
Ballooning mitral valve (condition): A common heart condition that is often harmless.
Ballooning mitral valve: Mitral-valve prolapse (MVP) is frequently diagnosed in healthy people and is,
for the most part, harmless. Most people suffer no symptoms at all. New
estimates are that about 2 percent of the adult population has the condition.
MVP is also called floppy valve syndrome, Barlow's or Reid-Barlow's syndrome,
ballooning mitral valve, midsystolic-click-late systolic murmur syndrome, or
click murmur syndrome. MVP can be present from birth or develop at any age and
occurs equally in both men and women. MVP is one of the most frequently made
cardiac diagnoses in the United States.
More information on medical condition: Mitral-valve prolapse:
- Introduction: Mitral-valve prolapse
- Basic Summary for Mitral-valve prolapse
- Causes of Mitral-valve prolapse
- Symptoms of Mitral-valve prolapse
- Complications of Mitral-valve prolapse
- Diagnostic Tests for Mitral-valve prolapse
- Treatments for Mitral-valve prolapse
1. excerpt from Facts About Mitral-Valve Prolapse: NHLBI
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center