Medical Dictionary: AVM
Medical dictionaries: Medical dictionary, Medical malpractice dictionary, Medical Acronymns/Abbreviations
AVM: Another name for Arteriovenous Malformation.
AVM (condition): Birth defect of a tangle of veins and arteries.
An arteriovenous malformation (AVM) is a congenital
disorder characterized by a complex, tangled web of arteries and veins. An
AVM may occur in the brain, brainstem, or spinal cord and is caused by
abnormal development of blood vessels.
More information on medical condition: Arteriovenous Malformation:
- Introduction: Arteriovenous Malformation
- Basic Summary for Arteriovenous Malformation
- Symptoms of Arteriovenous Malformation
- Treatments for Arteriovenous Malformation
1. excerpt from NINDS Arteriovenous Malformation Information Page: NINDS
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center