Medical Dictionary: ASD
Medical dictionaries: Medical dictionary, Medical malpractice dictionary, Medical Acronymns/Abbreviations
ASD: Another name for Pervasive developmental disorders.
ASD (condition): Group of developmental disorders often recognized before 3 years of age.
The diagnostic category pervasive
developmental disorders (PDD) refers to a group of disorders characterized
by delays in the development of multiple basic functions including
socialization and communication. Parents may note symptoms as early as
infancy and typically onset is prior to 3 years of age.
More information on medical condition: Pervasive developmental disorders:
- Introduction: Pervasive developmental disorders
- Basic Summary for Pervasive developmental disorders
- Types of Pervasive developmental disorders
- Symptoms of Pervasive developmental disorders
1. excerpt from NINDS Pervasive Developmental Disorders Information Page: NINDS
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center