Medical Dictionary: Altitude sickness
Medical dictionaries: Medical dictionary, Medical malpractice dictionary, Medical Acronymns/Abbreviations
Altitude sickness: Another name for Mountain sickness.
Altitude sickness (condition): Illness from poor adjustment to low oxygen at altitude.
Altitude sickness (condition): A high altitude reduces the amount of oxygen in the air and can lead to dangerous effects on the body. Although the most serious cases are usually of mountain climbers, anyone can get mountain sickness by visiting an area of a higher altitude without adequate acclimatization.
More information on medical condition: Mountain sickness:
- Introduction: Mountain sickness
- Basic Summary for Mountain sickness
- Risk Factors for Mountain sickness
- Symptoms of Mountain sickness
- Complications of Mountain sickness
- Treatments for Mountain sickness
- Prevention of Mountain sickness
Medical Tools & Articles:
- Risk Factor Center
- Medical Statistics Center
- Medical Treatment Center
- Prevention Center
- Medical Tests Center